Why buy barcodes?
1. Unambiguous and universal identification of products
GS1 barcode, starting with prefix 890, provides unambiguous and universal identification to your products.These barcode for products enables authentication of its authorised owner, helping differentiate with product lookalikes.
2. Sell to leading retailers and online Shopping Sites
To be able to sell through major retailers and online shopping site, suppliers/manufacturers have to affix GS1 barcodes for their products.
3. Comply with the product data requirements of Ministry of Consumer Affairs
Barcodes also feeds the Smart Consumer mobile app of the Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, and enabling compliance with requirements on providing customer care details, etc., digitally.
4. Enhance online search results
Search engine giant Google has revealed a 40% improvement in search results when the GTIN (barcode number) is used within the product webpage, leading to higher visibility and more business.
5. Complying with Regulations
National and international regulations currently requiring/endorsing the need for GS1 barcodes on products. Some of these are:
- DGFT Public Notice No. 52 2015/2020 mandates use of GS1 barcodes on exported medicines to facilitate track & trace and authentication
- U.S. FDA Regulation for Unique Device Identifier (UDI) for medical devices
6. Other reasons for barcoding products
Give an international look and feel to products
Facilitate inventory management by ensuring correct consignment dispatches as per customer orders
Enable automated data capture with 100% information accuracy, eliminating human errors